Outlook repeatedly tries to download html file
Every-time you try to open an email you receive a pop-up window that Outlook wants to save a file on your computer. Normally this is caused by an integrated feature from Outlook call People Pane which is a failed version of Social Connection from Microsoft. This should bring the social network information from your contacts to your Outlook.
The People Pane View needs to be disabled.
The first method available simple turns off the People Pane so that it does not display when reviewing your emails in Outlook.
- In Outlook, click on the View tab
- Click on People Pane
- Select Off from the drop down menu
- The second option is to disable Outlook’s Social Connector Add-in altogether. This too will remove the People Pane from displaying.
- In Outlook, click on the File tab and then select Options.
- In the Outlook Options dialog box that appears, select Add-Ins from the left-hand menu.
- Click the Go button at the bottom of the screen.
Un-check the box next to Microsoft Outlook Social Connector and then click on OK.
Information and Images were obtained from http://sjcblogs.sanjac.edu/its/2012/01/30/removing-the-people-pane-in-outlook/