Windows 7 Search Not Working
When you try to search for a document or a file on your computer, you don’t obtain any results or incomplete results
You can start by Running this Automated Tool (Windows XP and Windows 7 Only)
If the tool above doesn’t fix the problem you can try this manual methods:
Make sure the Windows Search is Started.
- On your computer click the START button in the taskbar.
- In the Search/Run field type services.msc
- Press ENTER on the keyboard or OK with the Mouse
- A list of services will come up, look for Windows Search
- Right Click on the service and click restart.
You may run System File Checker [SFC] scan on the computer which will replace the missing or corrupt files & check if the issue persists:
- Type ‘cmd’ in Start, Run box. Right click on cmd in the Program list and then select the option Run as Administrator.
- Type the following command, and then press ENTER on the keyboard: sfc /scannow
If you receive the error after you upgrade to Windows XP or after you uninstall Norton SystemWorks 2003, you may follow this link & check if the issue reoccurs:
The Windows Search feature does not work correctly, you receive script errors in Internet Explorer, or some information is missing after you upgrade to Windows XP or after you uninstall Norton SystemWorks 2003 from a Windows XP-based computer
- You may create a new user account with administrative privilege and check if the issue persists:
- If you don’t have any issue in the new user account, access the link below and follow the steps to fix a corrupted user profile.